STAY IN TOUCH
400 Pleasant Street, East Bridgewater, MA 02333
Sunday School 9:45 am Worship 11:00 am
TO BE HERE
Community Covenant Church's mission is to glorify God, to reach non-believers, and to develop all God's children into mature disciples of Jesus Christ.
Evangelical, but not exclusive
Biblical, but not doctrinaire
The Evangelical Covenant Church has its roots in historical Christianity as it emerged in the Protestant Reformation, in the biblical instruction of the Lutheran State Church of Sweden, and in the great spiritual awakenings of the nineteenth century. These three influences have in large measure shaped its development and are to be borne in mind in seeking to understand its distinctive spirit.
The Covenant Church adheres to the affirmation of the Protestant Reformation regarding the Holy Scriptures, the Old and the New Testament, as the Word of God and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct. It has traditionally valued the historic confessions of the Christian church, particularly the Apostles’ Creed. While at the same time it has emphasized the sovereignty of the Word over creedal interpretations. It has especially cherished the pietistic restatement of the doctrine of justification as basic to the dual task of evangelism and Christian nurture, the New Testament emphasis upon personal faith on Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, the reality of a fellowship of believers which recognizes but transcends theological differences, and the belief in baptism and the Lord’s Supper as divinely ordained sacraments of the church. While the denomination has traditionally practiced the baptism of infants, in conformity with its principle of freedom it has also recognized the practice of believer baptism. The principle of personal freedom, so highly esteemed by the Covenant, is to be distinguished from the individualism that disregards the centrality of the Word of God and the mutual responsibilities and disciplines of the spiritual community.
Traditional, but not rigid
Congregational, but not independent
Our church was founded in 1879 in Brockton by Swedish immigrants who were part of the spiritual awakenings in Protestant Churches in Northern Europe in the late 19th Century. We moved to our new facility in East Bridgewater in 1980. We are affiliated with The Evangelical Covenant Church, a denomination of 785 churches and 118,000 members.
We value as part of our mission to be:
• an authentic community – real and honest people who know that we are saved by God’s grace and therefore can live a life of integrity
• a diverse community – ethnically, culturally, socio-economically, generationally, male and female – all valued and equal in God’s Kingdom
• a relational community – because we are loved by God, we can love others with Christ-like love
• a safe community – where one can explore and discover a vibrant and personal faith in Jesus Christ
• The Bible as God's authoritative word and our only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct.
• The necessity of new life in Jesus Christ, found in a personal relationship with Him.
• The commitment to the whole mission of the church - evangelism, christian formation, and ministries of compassion, mercy and justice.
• The church as a fellowship of believers in Christ, working together in the world as "one in Christ".
• The Christian’s daily dependence on the Holy Spirit.
• The reality of freedom in Christ, which allows for different matters of interpretation, doctrine, and practice within Biblical guidelines.
9:45am SUNDAY SCHOOL
11am WORSHIP CELEBRATION
12:15pm FELLOWSHIP TIME
Mondays 7pm AA
Tuesdays 7:30pm AL-ANON
1st Thursday of every Month until December 7, 2018. EB HOPE drop-in center - 5-9 pm
The password you have entered is incorrect. Please contact the church office if you need help logging in.