Community Covenant Church was founded in 1879 in Brockton, MA by Swedish immigrants who were part of the spiritual awakenings in Northern Europe in the middle to late Nineteenth Century. These “Covenanters,” as they were affectionately called, had discovered a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ that transformed their lives. This transformation created in them a desire to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and to serve Christ faithfully. As they gathered for worship, study of God’s Word and serving others, they formed faith communities called “Mission Friends.” In 1885, a number of these “Mission Friends” congregations made a covenant together that would enable them to strengthen and expand their mission to the whole world. Today, this “covenant” of churches is called The Evangelical Covenant Church. Community Covenant Church was present at that organizational meeting and continues to be engaged in the mission of the larger church with The Evangelical Covenant Church.
Community Covenant Church moved to its present facility in East Bridgewater, MA in 1980. It is from this location that we go into the community and continue to be Christ’s messengers through service and sharing the Good News. Community Covenant Church continues to work with any and all churches that “worship God and follow His teachings” (Psalm 119:63). Today, The Evangelical Covenant Church has over 800 churches in the United States and Canada. We are a growing, multiethnic, intergenerational mosaic of churches with ministry partnerships in nearly forty countries. We join efforts in the hope of seeing even more people engage in a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, across more populations, in a more caring and just world.
We invite you to join us on this journey of faith as God changes the world through His Church.