Our church was founded in 1879 in Brockton by Swedish immigrants who were part of the spiritual awakenings in Protestant Churches in Northern Europe in the late 19th Century. We moved to our new facility in East Bridgewater in 1980. We are affiliated with The Evangelical Covenant Church, a denomination of 785 churches and 118,000 members.
We value as part of our mission to be:
• An authentic community – real and honest people who know that we are saved by God’s grace and therefore can live a life of integrity
• A diverse community – ethnically, culturally, socio-economically, generationally, male and female – all valued and equal in God’s Kingdom
• A relational community – because we are loved by God, we can love others with Christ-like love
• A safe community – where one can explore and discover a vibrant and personal faith in Jesus Christ
• The Bible as God's authoritative word and our only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct.
• The necessity of new life in Jesus Christ, found in a personal relationship with Him.
• The commitment to the whole mission of the church - evangelism, christian formation, and ministries of compassion, mercy and justice.
• The church as a fellowship of believers in Christ, working together in the world as "one in Christ".
• The Christian’s daily dependence on the Holy Spirit.
• The reality of freedom in Christ, which allows for different matters of interpretation, doctrine, and practice within Biblical guidelines.